Thursday, July 9, 2015

Getting back to me...


 
Hello Loves! 

How are you all? Gosh I've missed writing so much! I've missed the conversation between us! I didn't even realize it but when I decided to start blogging again, that the last time was November of 2014...YIKES! Anyway I'm back, in more ways than one! I literally have been in a year long rut...yes a whole year of my life that I've let pass me by. Have you ever been in that mindset...where you're just drifting through life? How did you pull through? Did you have to hit rock bottom in order to get back up? 

For me, it honestly started last June. I was newly diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease (Hypothyroid as well as Hyperthyroid) but of course I got the hypo symptoms and gained nearly 20 pounds! Then was laid off from my job, which turned out to be a blessing since I had already planned on moving to Hawaii for boyfriend's job (I know poor me right?), but it still didn't feel good being laid off in the way it was. Feeling depressed in Hawaii, I felt guilty for feeling so down living in such a beautiful place, but it just goes to show everything truly comes from within. Just like some celebrities whom have everything, yet confess after a stint at rehab that they still felt alone. Well that was me..no need to go into boring details, but I'm ready to get back to me! 

So fast forward to now...a year later. I have put on another 25 pounds, no job, I haven't blogged in almost a year, have barely journaled, and have basically just used food or wine to numb my unhappiness. But last night after a very eye opening long talk with my boyfriend he admitted he missed the old motivated happy me. I agreed, and I woke up today with a whole new zest. No more laying around feeling sorry for myself and no more self-medicating myself with food or any other unhealthy vices. Have you guys struggled with unhealthy vices..I know I have with food especially.

So if you've fallen in a bad rut recently...join me in taking leaps to change. I am a procrastinator, always have been, but gosh I'm 32 now, like enough is enough! I have lots to be grateful for, as I'm sure you do too! First thing is to reconize that and then you'll always have enough! Also what are you no longer doing that used to bring you happiness and kept you centered? For me, it has and will always be writing since I was twelve years old. That is my outlet, but by in neglecting that over the past I have took up different outlets, and they haven't been healthy.  So let's do this! No matter what we are never alone in what we're going through. Time to get back to you, time to get back to me, time to get back to us....

No comments:

Post a Comment