Sunday, June 17, 2012

The best kind of LOVE....


Love....Why has this been on my mind lately? There are so many types of it...from friends, family, romance, & best of all yourself. Hello Loves..Happy Sunday! My favorite day! It is Father's Day & I have again decided to do a blog #2 in a few days because my Dad is so Amazing that he truly deserves a post of his own! What I will say is we spent the whole day just the two of us & it was so much fun! So what is on my mind...LOVE. That little word with a BIG meaning!!! I have been thinking about it a lot lately more so, as much as I have fun dating & being single it can get old. It has been about 2 years since I was truly in love, & I don't know if it is because I am surrounded by so many close friends getting married right now, & strangers asking why I am not married or whatever (I swear the pressure at 29! LOL) but I do not sweat that. But I have been missing that "In Love" feeling..you know where you have such a pure glow when thinking&being with that person. Or looking forward to date night with that person after having a long work week, or Sundays together at the beach or sipping coffee together. I do miss that, & why not? I am human & being in love is the best feeling. But so is love from friends, family, & most of all yourself. June has truly been amazing because I have had so many beautiful & fun memories with family & friends. Last night I spent time with one of my best friends Rasha whose been my friend since we were 12. I'll never forget when Rasha looked at me the first day of junior high & asked, "Do you have any friends yet?" (I was the new kid.) Then she became just that. Even though she sometimes drives me nuts like a sister would, her love has always been purely unconditional & she has a lot of times been one of my biggest fans. I remember when I was in ICU the first night of my hospital stay at 20 when I was diagnosed with my autoimmune disease & Rasha was one of the first faces I remember & she had bought me a butterfly ring I had been wanting. She is the type of friend who you can literally call at 3am & she'll be there within a second or at least wake up to cheer you up when you are down. I think sometimes she does drive me nuts the most only because we get that way with friends we love who are like family. And I have a handful of girls in my life whom are like my sisters, & I know that's because I do not have a blood sister, just soul sisters. So even though at the end of the night I sometimes wish I was going home with a love, because it has been a while, sometimes going home with your best friend  is even better. That's a love that's even sometimes harder to find...

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting things back into perspective, this is just what I needed to reminded of- boys come and go, but friends are forever. Soul sisters for life! Beautiful entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D!!! You completely got me in this blog! Love u!!!

      Delete
  2. Miss love , don't be sad and don't be blue for you will find someone very soon ! Love you A. Cinthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for always reading Aunt Cindi! Love your support ! XO

      Delete
  3. Omg you were speaking for me! I have been single for two yrs and 29 is around the corner! Love is surly not creeping up on me like my age is. Reading this madel me feel a little better abt being single. Thanks my love. Can't wait to read more! HUH!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!!!! HUH?! Lisa Marie I love u so very much! You are my hero for being brave & leaving Spencer behind for a much GREATER LOVE...Love for yourself! And that's the one that needs to be good first like a solid blueprint when say building a house. You are your solid home&now you are ready to let people in. Love you,miss you.& you are truly one of the most amazing woman I know!!! And I write this blog in hoping to make someone smile the way you did! PS: You need to start a blog-you are an Amazing writer :)

      Delete
  4. You really do have a way with words...may you find that special love soon. Without girlfriend love I would truly be a lost soul! Never loose that love even when that special love comes along!

    ReplyDelete