Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Little Bit Of Perspective....


Grateful for those calm moments where everything is as it should be...
      Hey Loves...Happy Tuesday! I know...not the most exciting day of the week, but are you healthy, have a job, have a home, etc.? Then see, things are already better! It's really just all in our perspective. So many things happen around us and to us, and it's our responsibility to decide how we react to them. I know for a fact that I've always been one to react too quickly, say things before I think, and at worst make assumptions of things being worse than they are. Ever do that? It's so much easier to go to that negative place than the positive. It really does take effort to be positive and truly feel happy. But being here in Hawaii has truly inspired me to become the best version of myself possible. As humans we are always improving and growing, because if we aren't than we'll just feel stuck which leads to unhappiness. Do you feel stuck in unhappiness right now? Well let's change that!
      So how am I attempting to become this better version of myself who lives a richer life? By going out of my comfort zone and honestly just not giving a F**k what people think or say. You see in life, there will always be the ones who try to keep you exactly where you are. And if you're a chronic people pleaser like me, than this isn't easy at all. So take it day by day, goal by goal, and so on. Act like you're in rehab for people pleasing...and try to just please yourself. YOU know what is right for you. YOU know what fills your soul. We have to give up the old, to allow for the new and for the better. And yes that means working on our psyche as well.
      Let's be real, nobody likes to admit they're envious of someone else, or even a Debbie Downer. It feels shameful and that's never a good feeling. But think of it as a sign to change! When you start feeling that green eyed monster rear it's ugly head, turn it around. Ask yourself, "How can I accomplish what that person has?" And try to take those steps, but put your own spin on it. If you're being super negative, then asks yourself how that is adding to your life? In fact, you may realize it's taking away precious time instead. It may seem easy on the outside for me, because I'm living in this beautiful place, but remember I'm also on an island with JUST my boyfriend. LOL! No family, no girlfriends, no cat, and everything is unfamiliar. It's hard, but so was being back in California with everyone else, while my love was here working. So you see, I could complain either way and I did for a while but than I woke up. I started keeping a list of 5 things I was grateful for each day. I'm trying harder to point out what's positive in a negative situation. I'm also filling my soul and life up with things that make me smile, and make me feel accomplished, like exercising most days of the week. Also don't take things so seriously. Me and my bf fight like every other couple, but laughing certain things off saves a lot of headache.
       So moral of this post? Just relax, smile, pray, and shake things off. If someone is in a bad mood around you, don't get defensive; just give them space. Life can be wasted complaining (believe me I was and still have to check myself on this!) or life can be spent on enjoying even the smallest things. Try to look at life as a kid again...wide eyed and full of possibilities! Get new hobbies or revisit those things that you used to love. Have faith and stop procrastinating on your goals. Time will pass either way. Watch and read things about uplifting stories of people that maybe were in the same situation you once were, but fled free. A lot of those people's situation didn't change, it was just how they saw those situations in a new light. I could of kept on moping around here missing everyone back home, but what good would that do? So I embraced it, and started thinking differently. Come on let's change our perspectives! Why? Because there is no reason not too.
The most beautiful beach by our house...look around & explore nature!
Finding little treasures makes me realize you don't need to spend a bunch of money when treating yourself. Found these books at a $1 bookstore yesterday, as well as these adorable coffee mugs!

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog for the first time today. In December, I am quitting my job, selling my house, and moving to South Korea with my boyfriend. We are going to travel to Thailand and Bali for two months. I will only be with him. No family, friends, or cat ) : Your blog post was exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg thanks so much for reading & your support! I'm so happy this post touched in some way! Enjoy & experience it! I wish you nothing but the best of luck on your adventure! XO

    ReplyDelete