Thursday, September 25, 2014

Beauties on a Budget....

      Hi Loves...it's almost Friday! Are you guys excited? So I know I have been raving on and on about my recent beauty finds lately...but I'm just so excited! So here's the thing. I will be 32 at the end of the year and as much as I have prided myself on not having to wear coverage like foundation or powder all these years I'm realizing....times are changing. LOL! The thought though of wearing a heavy foundation intimidated me..I didn't even know where to start or what brand. I had been watching Beauty Youtuber Teni Panosian and was getting ideas on how this full coverage thing works. She is amazing btw, if you haven't checked her out yet! Super informative makeup tutorials!
      So I ran into her video on drugstore makeup, and if I recall I believe she has more than one. So I took notes, and started feeling excited and confident that I could do this without having to go somewhere like MAC where half the time the girls there are so snotty that they don't even acknowledge you. (Sorry..lol)  Then I started pulling up other "Drugstore Hauls," they call them; basically where these Beauty Bloggers try and tell you what cheaper brands that are just as good as the pricey stuff. I started to see a pattern too of certain brands and products that kept getting brought up. So I jumped in my car and went on a mission! Here's what I got....
1st Drugstore Haul.....
  1. "STAY MATTE" PRIMER by RIMMEL-So I got a primer for under my skin. I only ever knew of eye shadow primer (I know I have been living under a rock..LOL!)  I found it to be very light and it really did the trick to cover my pores and give my skin a silky feel. About $8! 
  2. "FIT ME" Foundation by Maybelline-This was recommended by Beauty Blogger Teni Panosian and she raved about it not feeling too heavy as a foundation. It has sunscreen SPF 18 which is great! It made my skin look flawless, but again I don't think foundation is for me everyday. However, if your a foundation gal, try this stuff! About $10!
  3. "Sun 'n' Bronze" by NYC-I got this color in "Fire Island Tan," and I was disappointed. It went on so light and was not noticeable at all. About $3!
  4. "Copper Excess" Eyeshadow by MILANI-Love this shadow! It was a bronzy gold (I'm wearing it in my pics on this post) and it had a lot of pigment. Great for the daytime. About $5!
  5. "Master Glaze" Blush Stick by Maybelline-I cannot rave enough about this cream blush stick! It gave me such a glow, stayed on all night when we went out, and just made me feel super girly! The color I got was "Pinched Pink." About $8!
  6. "Rapid Wrinkle Repair" Serum by Neutogena-I LOVE this stuff! It hasn't even been a week and I put it on every night and I literally can FEEL it working! I believe Teni recommended this one too. I have never personally worn a serum, in fact I wasn't even sure what it was for! Well on the box, it says it reduces wrinkles that are deeper than what the typical moisturizer can do, it brightens skin, and you just feel like your skin is drinking it up! This one was about $24 dollars which was a little pricy but it is SO worth it!
  7. "Positively Radiant" Tinted Moisturizer by Aveeno-OMG! OMG! OMG! This I actually just googled "drugstore tinted moisturizer because I wasn't sure on what to pick. I had tried the "Laura Mercier" one years ago, and loved it but my skin didn't react well to it. THIS ONE though is amazing! Even my boyfriend told me I was glowing and loved it over my usual heavy blush or bronzer...LOL! It's oil-free with SPF 30, and does it's job of evening skin tone, taking away dullness, but overall just making your skin look and feel hydrated and AMAZING! Only $15!
  8. "Facial Clay Mask" Avocado & Oatmeal by Freeman-I loved this lil mask, I felt it was cooling and felt refreshing the minute I put it on! It has vitamin E in it and gets to the dirt deep within the pores. These mask are always fun to try cause they're so cheap too! About $3!
      So there you have it...I hope these great finds help you girls be able to be a "Beauty on a Budget!" Because why shouldn't you be?! I know I promised my skin regime, as well as the second drugstore haul I went on this past week but it would have been way too long of post so I'll be doing another beauty one shortly. Just remember nobody can tell you what looks good on you, so don't force it. Makeup is about trial and error! It should be fun and carefree...just as life!
LOVE this cream blush!

Me with the full primer and foundation look....

The AMAZING Aveeno  Tinted Moisturizer!
PS: Men will never get it...hahaha





3 comments:

  1. I've recently been getting into make-up gurus on YouTube, so I'm going to remember that name...(My current favorites are Emma Pickles + GiGi Gorgeous). Especially since I've just begun to dabble in actually using make-up + skin care products!

    Also, you are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There are SO many!!! Love it! Are you on instagram? If so my IG is @selfloveonalatte :) I also love Nicole Guerriero too! Also if you don't know who Shameless Mya is...OMG! Check her out! She does has beauty things, also things on photography, travel, posoitivity, & so much more! Thanks for your support and sweet comment! xo

      Delete
  2. Love the stay matte primer !! would love it if you could follow my blog and leave a comment beaut! www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete