Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hello Again....

A New Kind of Latte...

   Well hello again...welcome to my revamped blog! Gosh, it has been so long since I last blogged & I missed it so. As you can see, I changed things up a bit to give it a little makeover, since life has changed for me as well. Thank you so much for hanging in there as I took a break to gather my thoughts & ideas of what new direction I wanted to go for this blog. I shared a lot about my life and about certain subjects such as my health issues, happy moments, personal feelings, and things of that nature. I did always receive a ton of sweet emails and comments of other women telling me that they related to me, which was the BEST part. And I thank you for that!
   So why did I stop for so long? Honestly...I don't know, there were a few reasons I guess. I felt like I was in deep in terms of being so open and raw about my life, and because of that I felt a little judged. Some couldn't understand why I would want to share so much of myself with people
I didn't know. So I felt myself wanting to filter things so much that I not only erased all of my past posts on instagram that I put so much of my heart into, but I stopped blogging all together. I had built a community of inspiration between fellow instagram followers, as well as my blog followers over the past few years, and within many clicks of the "delete" button, everything was gone. It made me sad after the fact because I didn't listen to my inner gut to not be afraid to just be me. Meaning, writing without worrying about what people thought or did not understand about blogging and how helpful it can be to those who read it.
    I have always overshared, it is who I am. Whether it be through writing or talking, I at times forget not everyone is comfortable with that. But that's okay, because I am not them and they are not me. So here I am, well in a way starting over. I hope that I can gain your trust in my writing again, because truth is I lost trust in my own writing. That it wasn't inspiring enough, too much, or worst of all not enough. Truth is, we are all ENOUGH and at times need to be reminded of that. I am the same Janene, but a little more grown up. Lots of things have happened in the last nine months and I can't wait to start sharing with you all! Thanks for believing in me, and I'll never stop believing in you guys!
   So if your new to my blog, just a quick overview of who I am. I'm a 30-something year old California gal who just recently moved to the beautiful island of Hawaii with my love. I never have had my own place, let alone my own kitchen! Which is so exciting, because I have been on a mission to learn to cook! Scary....I know. LOL! I love yoga and running, and am contemplating taking teacher training for yoga. What scares me a little about that is because of my two autoimmune diseases and my body being so unpredictable at times. But where there's a will, there's a way. I graduated last summer with my AA in liberal arts, and plan to go back to get my BA in English. Sometimes I don't have the best grammar, so please no judgment...haha. I really didn't know for the longest time what I want to be when I grew up, but as of now I would say a writer.  So I'm just going to keep writing for now. We'll see where it takes me. Life is so full of possibilities and I feel like at 31, I'm just beginning.
Just Me! Don't mind the beanie, growing my hair out ;)
The beautiful view from our new porch...I feel blessed everyday.









No comments:

Post a Comment