Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Sunday Kind of Love...

Finding Time for Me, Myself, & I...
Hello Loves..Happy Sunday! Hope you all had a Beautiful Weekend! I am working six days straight so my tuesday is my friday..LOL. But I only work half days on Sat&Sun so it's not too bad...I love my sundays. I usually need at least 1 or 2 days on my own to be alone & have quite time...doesn't everyone?! I wish there were more hours in the day because I feel like I never get it all done. I am a big "To Do" List Girl (It actually makes me super happy to make them) LOL..I feel more organized mentally & uncluttered.
Today I got all the nonfun things out of the way aka: cleaning & laundry..I in a weird way enjoy those things but I intended on writing and painting. I have a "Self Portrait" Theme for my next Art Show which makes me a little nervous because it feels..a bit narcissistic? I know it isn't though...I mean geez look at Frida Kahlo, one of the greatest painters of all time? She is known for her Self Portraits. So I will try to at least sketch it..but it is hard to put into a painting how I see myself? Day by Day, Year by Year though the whole "Self Love" Concept gets easier..were all a bit hard on ourselves and why? So who knows maybe in painting the way I see myself it will spread a bit of self love onto myself...because I am definitely my own worst critic.
Anyways like I said today I sort of just did what I wanted...I watched one of my favorite mini documentaries called "Four" on Beyonce (The picture above is from it)..& she is such a beautiful woman inside & out. It was inspiring...Her main reason for it was her showing pieces of her life over the course of a year that she took off from work. And she just lived...yes some would say "Oh but she has so much money to do or travel whenever." But if you look at things that way you'll never find the beauty in simplicity. 
So what makes you happy on a sunday? I love my quite time where I don't have to talk or listen to anyone but just listen my favorite kind of music (I'm a bit obsessed with Pandora) Lol...or watching a good show or movie.. I love to go for a run or take a yoga class. Or go grab a yummy coffee or as I did today a frozen yogurt.. Journaling because I get to write out all the things that have been built up in my head from the week..and not just things that worry me but things or people I am grateful for. Like this week was a good joint week for the most part, so I was grateful to have a healthy week. Painting, reading, napping, daydreaming...the list goes on and on. Sundays are fun spent with loved ones too...but for me I treasure my "ME" time so much & I don't go to church too much but maybe that's why I love my quite sundays because it's my time with God in a way since it's always so peaceful. Today I saw my Nana too...She's a Butterfly (I'll share that story in another blog) but whenever a Butterflies come around me I know she's visiting..So yes today my Sunday was a day of peace, God, & a Butterfly....

4 comments:

  1. Glad you could enjoy your ME time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Gloria! And I enjoy my time with you too :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your self potrait work! I just know it's gonna be beautiful. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber Thank you so much! You reading my blog made my whole day!!!

      Delete