Saturday, September 15, 2012

Women to Women..The Passion of Miss Dee..

My Hero...just Rock Climbing in Heels...No Big Deal......
The Artist at work...beautiful process...
Dee always posts the most beautiful yoga pictures.....
My Muse...cycling in heels...her passion & lightness showing in true form......
       Hello Loves....Happy Saturday! I am sure most of you are out, but for me with starting school the days are sort of running together..LOL. How is your September going so far? And how are all those little goals that you've set for yourself? Speaking of goals...I want to apologize because a while back I had mentioned that I was going to post one inspiring woman on my blog once a week, & I haven't. To be honest I think once a month seems a bit more realistic for me. So since my dear friend Dayana was last month's Inspiring Woman, I now wanted to introduce you this month's Inspiring Woman...my sweet new friend Dee. I met her on the social networking site, "Instagram," & I was instantly drawn to her beautiful & inspiring photos. We started emailing & I have been able to get to know her on more of a personal level beyond the photos, & I will say her soul matches the beauty & passion within her photos, if not more.

        Dee is an Artist in London who truly lives life to the fullest. She is very active in that her passions are cycling, yoga, music, art, exercising in high heels, rock climbing, tattoos, being a teacher of art & is always posting not only inspiring & motivating photos of her fun little moments, but also writes the most beautiful captions underneath. These are just a few...

 "It always starts & ends with me, because I am responsible for making my (the) world a cool & super place to live..I was reminded this morning that loosing myself to please others is never a good idea."
           
 "We are all busy rushing around, 9 to 5 jobs, school runs, etc...we forget that a few minutes wasted on having a good laugh are a few minutes gained at spreading a smile on our faces..why complicate things? Give it a go for one day: act silly, indulge in something futile, be ridiculous..Just dedicate random minutes to your busy day & your day will be a lot brighter."

 "I am my harshest critic & I should be my biggest fan! I am on an amazing journey, to RIDE LIFE & roam free in a universe which is waiting for me to let go & just be."
Seeing this of Dee just shows me to never stop reaching....
        So those were just some of the beautiful quotes that Dee likes to posts under her amazing photos. I have to admit I admired her even before I really knew her & I still do not fully know her yet feel a connection. I feel God put her in my life for a reason, & that is to see what true perseverance looks like. We live across the world from one another which seems so surreal because sometimes I wish I could just go have a latte with her & chat about life! Yet to me our emails feel like coffee chats, & I must say hers have really helped me in the past few months. And they always seem to come at the right time. She is always telling me that I am a strong girl & she knows I'll overcome these physical obstacles with my health. She had emailed me these beautiful words, " You are one positive tough cookie! You are living proof that mind is stronger than body & when you can do yoga while walking on a cane proves that you are able to transcend the limitations of your body..you shine, through & through." So when I read emails like these, I can really hear her saying that. I think I was drawn to her because she is an artist as well, yet I hope to be on her level one day professionally. She has a workshop where she paints with children, elders, & also paints amazing murals at cafes, jazz clubs, etc. Her positive attitude is what draws me in as well. Even in her emails, she is always so positive yet real. She lets me know it's okay to have my shitty days over my health issues yet lets me know it is all meant for a reason.

"Shifting Attitudes is all it takes to feel happy. It's really that simple: Get real & find balance."-Dee
         I think all of us women can relate to admiring a woman from afar. Ever see a beautiful woman on the street, out so out together, laughing, & glowing. I think at some point we all have looked at them as muses or inspirations. Yet we cannot judge that their life is perfect because no body's is either. But just to see their radiance even for a minute can be intriguing & uplifting. Us women should celebrate each other! Remember there will always be someone prettier, more smarter, more skinny, you name it; but what beautiful things do you see in the mirror about YOURSELF? Again, I do not know Dee very well except through our email exchanges, but through them I see a woman I hope to be like someday. Not to be her, but I aspire to glow like her. Her radiance, her strength, & her lightness about life...Dee is older than me & I sometimes wonder, "Where was she at 29? Did she have doubts & fears about where she was headed like me?" And "What did it take to get to where she is?" Even she still from time to time doubts herself like all of us women...but that is how we all are in a way. We always want more. Well I can say I still struggle with not feeling 100%  okay with myself, but being surrounded by beautiful & inspiring women like Miss Dee do help quite those self- doubt demons. So ladies try not to be too hard on yourself because you never know who may be looking up to you at this very moment. Namaste.
                 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment