Sunday, July 8, 2012

God, Nana, & the Miracle in my Relapse...Chicago Part 1

Me carefree finally on my last day of Chicago...
Writing on the plane...
The rainbow that appeared on my Nana's Birthday
Hello Loves! Happy Sunday! How was everyone's week? I just got back from my trip to Chicago for my cousin's wedding & was really excited to blog all about the amazing things that happened. There was so much so I will be posting 3 parts of my trip. Too much happened this past week. There is something that happened which really affected me in many ways this week. As most of you know from reading my last blog I mentioned I felt I was in the mist of a relapse of my autoimmune disease & sure enough the day we got to the airport I could barely walk & by the time we landed in Chicago my legs were fully giving out. I did bring my cane so was prepared physically..emotionally? Well that's a different story. The first night I was in so much joint pain & as I walked up to meet my cousin Ashley for dinner I saw her beautiful bride glow & she did not flinch when she saw my cane. She embraced me & suddenly I knew somehow it would be okay. Her wedding was in a few days & all I could think was, "I'm not going to be able to dance at my own best friend's wedding." But I was wrong. The first few two days were really hard, the day after we landed everyone went sight seeing on tours & I was in so much pain I slept till almost 5pm in the hotel room. I felt rested & better though. That night when I got home from dinner, I sobbed to my Mom, "The relapse of my disease I could handle, but the timing of it all I could not." Then there was the rehearsal for the wedding, anxiety filled every part of my body as I clenched my partner's arm down the extra long church aisle. I remember wanting to burst into tears there as I watched the other girls walk so gracefully. We take things as simple as walking for granted until the ability is taken away from us. Fast forward to the Wedding Day. I remember feeling a serene calmness come over me as the wedding planner nodded for me & my partner to head down the aisle. Walk..walk..such a simple thing yet I never wanted anything more at that moment. Then a true miracle happened...after praying to God & my Nana I started to walk...perfectly. Out of all my 3 relapses this has never happened, in fact it is practically impossible since every 5-10 steps my legs buckle & give out during each relapse unless I am better. Yet here I was in God's house walking perfectly, slowly, & well...gracefully. I felt the smile across my face as I knew my Nana was there with me, probably holding on to my other arm to make sure I did not fall. The wedding guests smiled unknowingly that a true miracle had happened right before their eyes, at least for me anyways. As the night went on, my legs worked almost perfectly & there I was dancing at my best friend's wedding. I let the audience know about the miracle, & they clapped for me, & one of my friend's Mother told me I was her.."HERO." Gulp...me?! LOL...wow God is so amazing & yes my legs are back to giving out & the reality of my relapse is starting to kick in, but I'll never lose faith ever again because God & Nana gave me 1 day, just 1..but it was the only day I wanted.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing blog cousin I admire u and love u so very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story! My heart dances with joy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria!!! It was a Beautiful Moment! You are so sweet :)

      Delete